Sunday 7 June 2015

Engine Shed

Working on the Engine shed currently.
Still a lot of painting to do, slates, brickwork and timberwork, as well as make the windows and doors.



Top section of roof has been made separately, but will be glued once the painting is done.



Top section of roof in place.


Chimney is made for the Crew room but won't be located until all is painted.
Probably not a lot to say really.

Picked up the brass wire to go on with the trussing of the carriage shed, so that will be on the go in the not to distant future.

4 comments:

  1. Love those louvres...doesn't get any better than that!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks Iain......still could have been better given it was the second attempt. I put recesses in the louvres for the uprights, but obviously not enough as they should have been flush.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I am coming back to modelling after a 30 year hiatus and would love to attempt a model of Ashburton engine shed myself. Would you know where I can get drawings? I would be happy to pay for a set. Please let me know. Many thanks

    ReplyDelete
  4. There is a book on Ashburton with card covers that has the info in it. Unfortunately my stuff is all packed away awaiting house sale and then shift interstate. how long before I have access to all the info again will be anyone's guess with this virus ruling life!!

    ReplyDelete