Sunday 12 July 2015

Another small update

Well, I have glued all the sections of platform and roadway around the station area, and started to prep the edges of the road for quartz/stone edging.
(Note, I have actually taken pics while working)
It's all now about trying to get road and path levels right at the station end.
Given the time period I am trying to model is the 1938-41 period, I am reliant on pics for this. Although, I suppose that there are not that many modellers from that era nowadays who would be to concerned with how accurate it is, but nonetheless!

I have taken out a 2mm section of the mdf which will be filled with DAS clay then suitably scribed for the stones. 

This is the end where the loading bank is.

Roadway down to the station. Just shellaced to seal the mdf.

Lifting a section of the mdf for the stone work using a podiatrist blade in the knife holder.

No comments:

Post a Comment